Egg Curry in Bell Pepper sauce
Today's recipe is a very simple Egg Curry with a twist from usual recipes.
This one is the result of my experiment with bell pepper,eventually turned out very tasty.
Serve this thick delicious curry with Chapatti or Phulka (Puffed Indian bread)
Bell Peppers!!!They are packed with Vitamin A, C&B6 with a significant amount of folate in it.
Red bell pepper has lot more nutritive value than the green variety.
They are even considered as fat burning food, due to its high fiber content. There is no Fat, No Sodium, and No Cholesterol in Bell Peppers.
However, I don’t think the taste of bell pepper is appealing to the kids.
So today let’s make a curry sauce rich in all the above nutrients.
So shall we start?
Bell pepper-1 no medium sized
Onion-1 no medium sized
Powdered spices:Clove,cinnamon and fennel seeds.
Chopped Coriander-1/2 cup
Fenugreek powder-1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. First grind 1 raw, medium sized pepper into a paste.
2. Now make a paste from 1 raw onion.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in a saucepan.
Add powdered Clove, Cinnamon & Fennel seeds.
4. Add 1 tsp Garlic paste.
5. Add in onion & capsicum paste. Mix and fry with Salt to taste.
6. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and a pinch of Fenugreek powder.
7. Add 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
8. Add some water and 1 tsp sugar. Wait until oil separates.
9. Add enough water for thick gravy and boil it well.
10. Add boiled & peeled eggs.
11. Finally add in 2tbsp thick coconut milk.
Serve hot with Chapatti,Phulka or any Bread of your choice.
Sending this entry to an event EP Series:Herbs and Spices @ Erivum Puliyum